Loaded with the sweet floral rosy scent, there is no denying that the Palmarosa Oil that we bring to afore is demanded by cosmetics industry predominantly, among others. Its medicinal properties make it suitable for use in pharmaceutical industry as well. It is extracted by steam distillation process, which is executed in compliance with the standards. We are one of the accomplished Manufacturers, Exporters, and Suppliers of Palmarosa Oil.
- Botanical name : Cymbopogon martinii
- Common name : -
- Plant part : Palmarosa oil is obtained from freshly cut whole flowering plant of Cymbopogon martinii stapf var. Motia.
- Country of Origin : India
- Extraction method: Steam distilled
- Odour : Sweet, floral-rosy
- Palmarosa Oil is steam distilled or water distilled mainly from wild growing, fresh or dried grass of the plant Cymbopogon Martini, varietas motia. The grass grows wild in India, particularly northeast of Bombay toward the Himalaya mountains, Nepal and to a lesser extent, in Pakistan. The grass has been planted in the Seychelle islands and in the Comoro islands in the Indian Ocean. Palmarosa Oil is a pale yellow or pale olive liquid with a sweet, floral rosy odor and various backnotes or topnotes according to the quality and age of the oil. Palmarosa oil blends well with all the conventional soap perfume materials and it forms an excellent base with small amounts of geranium oil and oakmoss concrete or absolute. Combinations with cananga oil, bois de rose oil, amyris oil, guaiacwood oil make good bases for soap perfumes. The name Geranium Palmarosa is a carryover from the days when palmarosa oil was used as an adulterant for Turkish rose oil and was imported into Turkey for that purpose as geranium palmarosa.
Composition : Main Constituent is Geranoil
- For the isolation of high grade geraniol; in the cosmetics industry for scenting of soaps; in flavoring of tobacco.
- Medicinal & Aromatherapy use: Antiseptic and bactericide, stomachic, relieve the discomforts of flu and a high temperature, wrinkles, broken veins, boils, normalize thyroid, nervous exhaustion, stress related conditions.